For those who’ve begun or are about to start the method of weaning your child, meals allergic reactions is likely to be on the high of your thoughts. With so many individuals having critical reactions to frequent meals similar to milk, eggs, shrimp, and peanuts you would possibly end up wanting to place off giving these meals to your child. However is that a good suggestion? And even in the event you’re prepared to check these meals out, you is likely to be questioning how a choking hazard like peanut butter can safely be given to an toddler.
On in the present day’s episode of Yoga| Start| Infants we’re going to speak about easy methods to introduce allergenic meals to your child by baby-led weaning. To have this dialog I invited Katie Ferraro, a registered dietician specializing in baby-led weaning and host of the podcast Child-Led Weaning Made Straightforward. We’ll be speaking about when one can ideally introduce allergens to a child, the 9 meals that account for ninety p.c of meals allergic reactions, easy methods to introduce these meals, and what to search for in an allergic response.
For those who’re about to start the journey of introducing meals to your child, seize a pen and paper or your pc. Katie gives some great recommendations on introducing these meals and even offers us strategies for easy methods to serve these meals to your child. I believe her strategy is extremely clever and really feel that it’s a calming technique to take care of a part of parenting that many are anxious about. Katie will put you comfortable along with her analysis, suggestions, and first hand expertise as a Mother of seven!
On this episode you’ll study:
- Find out about Katie and what led her to grow to be a registered dietitian specializing in child led weaning.
- What child led weaning is.
- The brand new and up to date pointers in regards to the early introduction of allergenic meals for infants.
- A few of the most vital adjustments in these new allergy introduction pointers.
- The age vary to begin introducing meals allergy dangers.
- How introducing meals early on helps forestall meals allergic reactions and dangers down the street.
- The 9 meals that account for 90% of meals allergic reactions and easy methods to introduce them.
- How somebody can put together to introduce a standard allergy danger.
- What dad and mom and caregivers be on the lookout for when it comes to a meals allergy response.
- Greatest recommendation for a father or mother who may be very nervous about introducing a meals allergy danger.
- One remaining tip/piece of recommendation Katie want to provide new and expectant dad and mom.
- The place yow will discover Katie’s work.
Katie Ferraro, MPH, RDN, CDE is a Registered Dietitian specializing in baby-led weaning (BLW) @babyledweanteam and a mother of seven. She teaches vitamin at San Diego State College and hosts the top-rated parenting podcast BABY-LED WEANING MADE EASY. Katie runs the most important digital group devoted to BLW and she or he helps dad and mom, caregivers and healthcare suppliers give their infants a secure begin to stable meals utilizing baby-led weaning.
Join with Katie:
- Don’t overlook to seize your FREE information, 5 Easy Options to the Most Frequent Being pregnant Pains HERE
- For those who love what you’ve been listening to, please depart a ranking and overview! Yoga| Start|Infants (Apple) or on Spotify!
To attach with Deb and the PYC Neighborhood:
Instagram & Fb: @prenatalyogacenter
Youtube: Prenatal Yoga Heart