Inside:Get a easy recipe for 4 ingredient protein balls which can be nice in lunchboxes or as a fast snack or dessert.
The dilemma:Everybody needs one thing fast to seize and eat. You’d like that one thing to supply vitamin,particularly for rising youngsters.
Round right here,I resolve this by having some type of home made snack bar or chew available,which might shortly pinch-hit for breakfast,a lunchbox deal with,simple wholesome snack,or perhaps a satisfying two-bite dessert.
I’ve been making these no bake vitality bites for a very long time,often as a part of Sunday snack prep and meal prep for the week. I usually have all the easy substances in my pantry,and retaining a “little one thing” like this round tends to make my week a bit simpler.
I feel these no bake vitality balls style a bit like peanut butter cookie dough. In addition they remind me of the peanut butter Excellent Bar (however price lots much less!). Right here’s the straightforward recipe.
Elements in No-Bake Peanut Butter Balls
- Peanut butter:I exploit creamy pure peanut butter,that’s made with solely peanuts and salt. It’s also possible to use almond butter or cashew butter as a substitute.
- Oats:I just like the chew of old style rolled oats,however you need to use fast oats as properly.
- Powdered milk:Discover this within the baking aisle. The type at my retailer is nonfat. This provides added texture to the vitality bites.
- Honey:You’ll be able to swap this for pure maple syrup for those who choose.
How To Make 4 Ingredient Protein Balls
Mix all substances in a medium mixing bowl and stir properly. (You don’t want a meals processor for this recipe!) In case your combination appears too dry to roll into balls,add a little bit little bit of peanut butter,a drizzle at a time,till it’s the correct consistency. If it’s too moist,add a tablespoon of oats at a time.
If the combination is a little bit sticky whenever you’re rolling it,having barely moist fingers could make this simpler.
For those who’d like so as to add chocolate chips,stir in about 3 tablespoons of mini chocolate chips,which I feel work finest with these bites.
I like to make use of a cookie scoop to make uniform snack bites. Scoop the correct quantity,then use your fingers to roll them into balls. You’ll be able to put them place on a baking sheet as you’re making them or straight right into a sealed container. I get about 12 snack bites with one recipe,24 with a double batch.
What’s powdered milk?
Powdered milk (aka dry milk powder) is made by evaporating the liquid from milk and turning it right into a powder. I preserve it in my pantry to make Do-it-yourself Scorching Cocoa Combine. It’s also possible to add it to recipes to offer some additional calcium and protein,equivalent to:
What can I exploit in addition to powdered milk?
For those who don’t have powdered milk,you can too use protein powder (equivalent to vanilla protein powder) or peanut powder (equivalent to PB2) as a substitute.
Can I exploit maple syrup as a substitute of honey?
Sure,simply swap the sweeteners one-for-one.
How do I make these vegan?
To make these peanut butter vitality balls vegan,swap out the powdered milk for peanut powder or a plant-based protein powder,sweeten them with maple syrup as a substitute of honey,and use dairy-free chocolate chips if including chocolate.
How a lot protein do these bites have?
Every of those 4-ingredient protein balls accommodates about 4 grams of protein. Want different concepts for protein-rich snacks? See my listing of 35 Protein Snacks.
How do I retailer these 4 ingredient protein balls?
Hold these protein balls in an hermetic container. You’ll be able to preserve them at room temperature,however I feel they style finest stored within the fridge. They’re finest eaten inside per week or so.
Different concepts for swaps &substitutions
- Swap a tablespoon of the powdered milk for chia seeds,floor flax seed,or hemp seeds for additional wholesome fat.
- Use sunflower seed butter as a substitute of peanut butter to make these nut-free and peanut-free (test labels on all different substances to be secure)
- Swap chocolate protein powder for the powdered milk to make chocolate vitality bites
- Commerce mini chocolate chips for white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup pure peanut butter
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Mix all substances. (f the consistency is not fairly roll-able,add extra peanut butter or extra oats or dry milk powder to get the correct texture.)
- Roll into tablespoon-size balls.
- Retailer in an hermetic container within the fridge.
Serving Dimension:1 ball
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy:106Complete Fats:6gSaturated Fats:1gTrans Fats:0gUnsaturated Fats:4gLdl cholesterol:1mgSodium:56mgCarbohydrates:11gFiber:1gSugar:6gProtein:4g