Printed on March 15, 2015
Open enrollment for 2015 is over. However when you owe a price in your taxes for not having well being protection in 2014 and don’t but have well being protection for 2015, you should still have the ability to get protection for 2015.
The excellent news is that the Well being Insurance coverage Market® is offering people and households who’re topic to the price once they file their 2014 taxes with one final likelihood to get coated for 2015. With a purpose to reap the benefits of this Particular Enrollment Interval, you should meet all the following necessities:
- You didn’t know that the well being care regulation required you and your family to have well being protection till after February 15, 2015, otherwise you didn’t perceive how that requirement would have an effect on you or your loved ones.
- You owe the price for not having protection for a number of months in 2014.
- You aren’t already enrolled in 2015 qualifying well being protection by way of the Well being Insurance coverage Market® or outdoors the Market.
If all of those apply to you, you’re eligible for a Particular Enrollment Interval that means that you can enroll in a 2015 plan. You additionally might be able to get decrease prices on month-to-month premiums. Eight out of 10 folks can discover protection for $100 or much less a month with tax credit by way of the Market.
The Particular Enrollment alternative runs from March 15 by way of April 30, 2015.
Please be aware:
- Should you owe a price for not having protection in 2014 however are already enrolled in a 2015 Market plan, you’ll be able to’t use this Particular Enrollment Interval to modify plans.
- Even when you get protection by way of this Particular Enrollment Interval (SEP), you continue to need to pay the 2014 price.
- You don’t have to have filed your 2014 taxes earlier than enrolling with this SEP—you simply need to owe the price.
- If any particular person in a family meets the standards for this SEP, everybody within the family can enroll in protection with it.