These simple, scrumptious, high-protein Cottage Cheese Lasagna Roll Ups are vegetarian and excellent weeknight dinners.
Lasagna Roll Ups With Cottage Cheese
I swapped out ricotta for cottage cheese in these tacky lasagna roll ups, and nobody in my household observed a factor! Actually my daughter really preferred it higher! Cottage cheese has an analogous creamy texture to ricotta cheese, so it may be used rather than ricotta in lots of dishes with out sacrificing texture or taste. In comparison with ricotta, it’s usually decrease in energy and fats and better in protein, which may help preserve you feeling full and glad for an extended time. This vegetarian recipe is ideal for many who love lasagna however desire a lighter and more healthy model. For those who love these, listed here are extra vegetarian lasagna roll up recipes to strive: Spinach Lasagna Roll Ups, Mushroom Kale Lasagna Rolls, and Zucchini Lasagna Roll Ups.
This simple lasagna recipe with cottage cheese is ideal for weeknight dinners. It’s additionally vegetarian, will be made gluten-free and straightforward to make forward.
Lasagna Roll Up Elements
- Marinara Sauce: Use jarred or do-it-yourself marinara.
- Noodles: You’ll want eight raw lasagna noodles – gluten-free or wheat will work too.
- Cottage Cheese: I like Good Tradition’s 2% cottage cheese.
- Parmesan: Grate 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese.
- Herbs: Chop recent parsley for the filling. Dried will work too, or swap it for basil. You’ll additionally need some for garnishing.
- Pesto: Two tablespoons of pesto improve the flavour whereas solely utilizing one ingredient.
- Egg: One egg binds the cheese filling. In case you have an egg allergy you’ll be able to omit, though will probably be just a little runnier however nonetheless delish!
- Salt and Pepper for seasoning the cheese combination and additional salt for the pasta water
- Mozzarella: High every lasagna roll with shredded mozzarella.
Make Cottage Cheese Lasagna Roll Ups
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Ladle a cup of sauce on the underside of a 9” x 12” oval baking dish.
- Pasta: Deliver a big pot of salted water to a boil, cook dinner the noodles in keeping with bundle instructions, and drain.
- Cheese Combination: Mix the cottage cheese, parmesan, parsley, pesto, egg, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Roll Up the Lasagna: Place a chunk of wax paper on the counter and lay out the noodles (Be sure they’re dry). Unfold a 3rd cup of the cheese combination over the noodle. Roll it rigorously and place seam-side down within the baking dish. Repeat the method with the opposite noodles.
- Bake: Ladle the remaining sauce over the noodles and prime every with a tablespoon of mozzarella. Cowl the dish with foil, being cautious to not let it contact the cheese, and bake it for 40 minutes.
What to Serve with Lasagna Roll Ups
Meal Prep Lasagna Roll Ups
These simple lasagna roll ups are improbable for meal prep and freezing.
- Meal Prep: Assemble the rolls, cowl the baking dish, and refrigerate in a single day. Bake the dish the following day as instructed.
- Freeze Unbaked: You’ll be able to freeze the complete dish unbaked for as much as three months. Thaw it within the fridge after which bake in keeping with the instructions.
- Leftovers: Cooked lasagna roll ups will last as long as 4 days within the fridge or as much as three months within the freezer. Reheat within the microwave or oven till heat.
Extra Lasagna Recipes You’ll Love
Serving Dimension: 2 rolls
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Ladle about 1 cup sauce on the underside of a 9 x 12 or massive oval baking dish.
In the meantime, carry a big pot of salted water to a boil. Cook dinner noodles in keeping with bundle instructions, then drain.
In a big bowl mix cottage cheese, Parmesan, parsley, pesto, egg, 1/2 teaspoon salt and black pepper and blend.
Place a chunk of wax paper on the counter and lay out lasagna noodles.
Be sure noodles are dry. Take 1/3 cup of cheese combination and unfold evenly over noodle. Roll rigorously and place seam aspect down onto the baking dish. Repeat with remaining noodles.
Ladle remaining sauce over the noodles and prime every one with 1 tbsp mozzarella cheese.
Put foil over baking dish cautious to not contact the cheese and bake for 40 minutes, or till cheese melts. Makes 8 rolls.
Please depart a score and remark letting us understand how you preferred this recipe! This helps our enterprise to thrive and proceed offering free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 2 rolls, Energy: 462 kcal, Carbohydrates: 52 g, Protein: 32.5 g, Fats: 15 g, Saturated Fats: 6 g, Ldl cholesterol: 82 mg, Sodium: 1300 mg, Fiber: 4 g, Sugar: 8 g