These wholesome shrimp tacos are simple and scrumptious! Served on a heat tortilla with a fast cabbage slaw and a easy shrimp taco sauce.
Madison loves shrimp tacos, and currently, I’ve been making this simple shrimp taco recipe for her on repeat. They’re a quick and easy dinner, excellent for Taco Tuesdays, Cinco De Mayo or any night time of the week. Extra taco recipes chances are you’ll love are these Cod Fish Tacos, Floor Beef Tacos, or Sluggish Cooker Hen Tacos.
To save lots of time, I like to purchase my shrimp peeled and deveined which is often out there frozen. Merely thaw within the friedge in a single day or within the sink in a colander with operating chilly water. I additionally purchase pre-shredded cabbage once I want dinner on the desk quick. With these easy shortcuts the entire time to make that is about 20 minutes!
Shrimp Taco Substances
- Shrimp: You’ll want 16 ounces of peeled and deveined jumbo shrimp. You should buy contemporary or frozen shrimp.
- Shrimp Taco Seasoning: Mince two garlic cloves and use your favourite seasoning salt, like Tajin or Previous Bay. It’s also possible to make taco spices with garlic powder, onion powder, floor cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper and chili powder.
- Tortillas: I want corn tortillas with shrimp tacos, however flour would additionally work.
- Slaw: Shredded inexperienced or pink cabbage, jalapeño, pink onion, contemporary lime juice, salt, cilantro
- Shrimp Taco Sauce Substances: Mayonnaise, Greek yogurt or bitter cream, lime juice, sriracha or Louisiana-style scorching pepper sauce
The best way to Make Shrimp Tacos
- Season the Shrimp: Toss the shrimp with olive oil and sprinkle with the garlic and seasoning salt.
- Creamy Shrimp Taco Sauce: Combine the mayo, bitter cream, lime juice, and scorching sauce in a small bowl. Add a couple of drops of water if wanted to skinny it out so it would drizzle.
- Cabbage Slaw: Mix the shredded cabbage, onion, jalapeño, lime juice, and cilantro in a big bowl. Cowl it and refrigerate.
- Air Fry the Shrimp: Preheat your air fryer to 360°F and cook dinner the shrimp for six minutes, shaking the basket midway, till cooked within the middle.
- The best way to Warmth Corn Tortillas: When you have a gasoline range, activate one of many burners, and maintain every tortilla over the open flame with tongs. Char till there are a couple of brown spots, after which flip over to do the opposite facet. It’s also possible to warmth the tortillas in a skillet on the range for about 30 seconds.
What do you serve with shrimp tacos?
I wish to serve them with lime wedges. Listed here are some facet dish concepts for these juicy shrimp tacos:
Are you able to eat leftover shrimp tacos?
Shrimp tacos are finest eaten contemporary, however it can save you the shrimp for leftovers too. Retailer the tortillas, shrimp, slaw, and sauce individually. The shrimp will hold within the fridge for as much as three days and may be microwaved or eaten chilly.
- Allergic to shrimp? Substitute white fish, like cod, flounder, or tilapia. Try these Cod Fish Tacos.
- No air fryer? Sauté the shrimp in a pan for a couple of minutes, flipping midway, till opaque and cooked by.
- Not a fan of slaw? Strive these spicy shrimp tacos with mango salsa, pico de gallo, or salsa verde.
- Tortillas: Swap corn tortillas with flour tortillas, or for a lighter taco use lettuce wraps as a substitute.
Extra Shrimp Recipes You’ll Love
Yield: 4 servings
Serving Dimension: 2 tacos
For the Shrimp Taco Sauce
For the shrimp taco sauce
Combine mayonnaise, bitter cream, lime juice and scorching sauce in a small bowl including a couple of drops of water if wanted to skinny it out so you’ll be able to drizzle; put aside or switch to a squeeze bottle.
For the Slaw
To make the slaw mix the cabbage, onion, jalapeño, lime juice and cilantro in a big bowl ; cowl and chill.
To Prepare dinner The Shrimp
Preheat the air fryer to 360F. Prepare dinner the shrimp 5 to six minutes shaking the basket midway till cooked by within the middle. To make it on the skillet, cook dinner on medium-high, 2 to three minutes on all sides.
In the meantime char the tortillas on an open flame or skillet about 30 seconds and put aside.
To Serve: Place 1/4 cup slaw on every tortilla, high every with 3 shrimp, then drizzle with spicy mayo, and garnish with cilantro.
Please go away a ranking and remark letting us understand how you preferred this recipe! This helps our enterprise to thrive and proceed offering free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 2 tacos, Energy: 288 kcal, Carbohydrates: 28.5 g, Protein: 20 g, Fats: 10.5 g, Saturated Fats: 2 g, Ldl cholesterol: 149 mg, Sodium: 975.5 mg, Fiber: 4.5 g, Sugar: 3.5 g